5 Questions Allah will Ask
This life which we are living will be ended one day it is the belief and faith of Muslims. Everything is short-lived whether its human or any other creature living on this earth will not live forever. We all should go back to Allah Almighty one day or the other, sooner or later. We should also know that we have to be accountable for our deeds which we are doing in this life. The life hereafter would be permanent will not going to end ever.
For making our hereafter life better we should do righteous deeds for the sake of Allah’s forgiveness and mercy on the Day of Judgment. If we do good deeds in this life for pleasing Allah (SWT) then we will be able to earn Jannah for our next life which will not go to end ever. Allah says in Quran:
“Allah – there is no deity except Him. He will surely assemble you for [account on] the Day of Resurrection, about which there is no doubt. And who is more truthful than Allah in the statement.” (Quran, 4: 87)
The above mentioned Ayah describes the state of each individual that ever lived on this planet to be raised again and be rewarded for whatever it has done in its previous life. You can download our Quran Reading application for your smartphone which is great for reading Quran with audio translation in free time of our daily routine.
It was narrated that Muhammad (SAW) said “The two feet of the Son of Adam will not move from near his Lord on the Day of Judgment until he is asked about five (matters): about his life – how he spent it; about his youth – how he took care of it; about his wealth – how he earned it and where he spent it; and about that which he acted upon from the knowledge he acquired.” (Tirmidhi)
All of us have to give an answer about these five questions on the Day of Judgment:
1. How one’s spent his life.
2. About Youth and how one’s utilized it.
3. How one’s earned his wealth.
4. About knowledge.
5. How one’s spent his wealth.
Now let’s discuss these Questions in detail one by one because we all should know about this because all of us are accountable.
1. How one’s spent his life: How did you spend your life? Did you spend your life in worshipping Allah Almighty in the way He wants to spend your life according to teachings of Allah that He mentioned in Quran, and according to Sunnah of His Prophet Muhammad (SAW)? Did you know the main purpose of your living and creation is to worship and pray Allah? The Islamic point of view regarding one`s purpose of life is plain and simple, i.e. to spend in the devotion of Allah (SWT), Who says in Quran:
“And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” (Quran, 51: 56)
From the above-mentioned verse, we can conclude that the necessary intent behind the creation of humans is nothing but to realize the Ultimate Power of the Almighty Allah and Glorify and Pray to Him alone. This is the value of the time you will be asked how you spent your time. Time is even more worthy than money; with every second that passes by, it is taking some of you. We should think about all these things that we are doing them right and according to Almighty Allah’s wish or not. We have to worship Allah and live our lives according to Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) then we will be able to live a good life in this world and also the hereafter.
2. About Youth and how one’s utilized it: Did you spend your youth in good deeds and good acts that please Allah? Did you waste your youth in playing games, talking incessantly about nonsense and trying to stay up to date with the latest ‘fashion trends’? Were you among those young Muslims who loved to share Islamic advice? Or were you among those Muslims who cared more about their looks and competed with others’? Did you compete with other young Muslims in trying to do as many good deeds as you can?
It is the age when a person acquires much understanding of things, morals and also the time of being under the evil influence much more than the rest of the life, therefore, it will be asked about in particular in what sort of activities one has spent its maturity time in. One should make full use of this time a person is energetic in this age and can make its Lord happy with worship before getting old.
3. How one’s earned his wealth: Allah gave skills and abilities to everyone and it’s up to us that how we use these abilities for living our lives in a better way. We do use our skills and abilities in this world to be forms of great assessment. One will be held accountable whether it utilized them in earning just and rightful wealth or the otherwise. How you acquired it. Was it from that which is halaal or from that which is haraam? All these questions will be asked on the Day of Judgment and we should try to earn in a right way so that we can please Allah Almighty.
4. About Knowledge: Knowledge is evidence against us if we don’t use it. It is a great sin not to practice the knowledge you don’t know. Allah says: “O you who have believed, why you say what you do not do? Great is hatred in the sight of Allah that you say what you do not do.” (Quran 61:2-3). So we have to practice what we say. The Holy Quran is a great form of getting wisdom about all the matters regarding one`s life. Hence, on the Day of Judgment, whoever got knowledge about the Almighty`s commandments will definitely be held answerable for whether it utilized that insight in its rightful manner or the or else.
5. How one’s spent his wealth: How you spent it. Did you give others their rights to it? Your relatives, the needy, the orphans? Or did you spend it on yourself alone? How much of it was spent for the cause of Allah (SWT)? Allah Almighty says in Quran “Your wealth and your children are but a trial, and Allah has with Him a great reward. So fear Allah as much as you are able and listen and obey and spend [in the way of Allah]; it is better for your selves. And whoever is protected from the stinginess of his soul – it is those who will be successful.” (Quran, 64: 15-16). The fact of the matter is that one should get ready for being accountable for its expenditures of riches in the hereafter. Wealth is a very terrible tool. It can be used to open the doors of Jannah for you, and it can go to the extreme other opposites, in the lower ranks of hellfire. We have to give money the attention it deserves.
May Allah (SWT) the Most Forgiven forgive all our sins, Ameen! The wise person who is eager to save himself should prepare answers to these questions. We ask Allah to guide us to the straight path.